Re: Fun stuff

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
      This website is quite interesting.
      I was suspicious already from the beginning, because of the word
      "nexus".
      All the content appears to be "machine-generated".
      I have sent an email to the given address and got quite interesting
      "machine-generated" answers back.
      Do you remember Joseph Weizenbaum's chatterbot program "Elisa"?
      Something like that, but better.

      The question that arises is: Why? Is this a game?

      This is for the most part off-topic, I know, but as I am the moderator,
      I am allowing some discussion about this. :-)

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
    • Michael Marlowe
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
        Wieland,

        I was contacted by the author of this site more than a year ago. At that
        time it was at a different URL, with much the same content. There have been
        some minor changes.

        When the author contacted me (by email) he merely gave a link and a brief
        description of the site, apparently as a "link suggestion" for my website's
        Web Directory.

        I'm tempted to think that the whole thing is a put-on, and that the author
        described on the site (and its sister-sites) is a fictitious person. But on
        the other hand ... I have seen some pretty crazy stuff online. And the
        changes in the content suggest to me that it is probably not just a game or
        parody.

        Michael Marlowe
        bible-researcher.com

        > I was suspicious already from the beginning, because of the word
        > "nexus".
        > All the content appears to be "machine-generated".
        > I have sent an email to the given address and got quite interesting
        > "machine-generated" answers back.
        > Do you remember Joseph Weizenbaum's chatterbot program "Elisa"?
        > Something like that, but better.
        >
        > The question that arises is: Why? Is this a game?
        >

        > This is for the most part off-topic, I know, but as I am the moderator,
        > I am allowing some discussion about this. :-)
        >
        > Best wishes
        > Wieland
      • Karl Schmidtke

          > I was suspicious already from the beginning, because of the word
          > "nexus".
          > All the content appears to be "machine-generated".
          > I have sent an email to the given address and got quite interesting
          > "machine-generated" answers back.
          > Do you remember Joseph Weizenbaum's chatterbot program "Elisa"?
          > Something like that, but better.
          >
          > The question that arises is: Why? Is this a game?
          >

          > This is for the most part off-topic, I know, but as I am the moderator,
          > I am allowing some discussion about this. :-)
          >
          > Best wishes
          >     Wieland

          Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB kostenlosem Speicher