LXX vs. MT of Ezekiel

  • Matt Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2005
      Hello All,

      I am in the process of looking at the differences between the LXX and
      MT of the text of Ezekiel and I was wondering if any of you had any
      insight into this topic, or could suggest articles that might be worth
      while to look into. I already have Tov's book on Textual Criticism of
      the Hebrew Bible, and I recently procured a copy of a journal article
      that he wrote called "Recentional Differences Between the MT and LXX
      of Ezekiel". I have also dug through a number of commentaries that
      deal (albeit very briefly) with textual issues in Ezekiel. Any
      suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

      Sincerely,

      Matthew T. Williams
    • Philip Engmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2005

        My MPhil Thesis subject was an examination of the differences between the LXX and the MT of a representative selection of the Old Testament generally, but not specifically on Ezekiel.

        I don't know if you'll be interested in this?

        Thanks,

        Philip Engmann

        Matt Williams <kopio@...> wrote:
        Hello All,

        I am in the process of looking at the differences between the LXX and
        MT of the text of Ezekiel and I was wondering if any of you had any
        insight into this topic, or could suggest articles that might be worth
        while to look into.  I already have Tov's book on Textual Criticism of
        the Hebrew Bible, and I recently procured a copy of a journal article
        that he wrote called "Recentional Differences Between the MT and LXX
        of Ezekiel".  I have also dug through a number of commentaries that
        deal (albeit very briefly) with textual issues in Ezekiel.  Any
        suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

        Sincerely,

        Matthew T. Williams

      • Viktor Golinets
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2005
          Dear Matthew,

          I have following items in my bibliography on LXX Ezekiel

          Hauspie, Katrin. "Neologisms in the Septuagint of Ezekiel." JNSL 27.

          Jahn, P. Leopold Günter. 1972. Der griechische Text des Buches Ezechiel nach dem Kölner Teil des Papyrus 967. Bonn: Rudolf Habelt Verlag.

          Johnson, A.C., Gehman, H.S., and Kase, E.H. 1938. The John H. Scheide Biblical Papyri:

          Ezekiel. Princeton.

          Marquis, G. 1986. "Word Order as a Criterion for the Evaluation of Translation Technique in the LXX and The Evaluation of Word-Order Variants as Exemplified in LXX-Ezekiel." Textus 13:59-84.

          McGregor, Leslie John. 1985. The Greek Text of Ezekiel: An Examination of ItsHomogeneity. Septuagint and Cognate Studies. Chico, Ca.: Scholars Press. (Review: Jenkisn, Geoffrey. 1986. Australian Biblical Review 34:67-70; Muraoka, Takamitsu. 1986. JSS 31:84-87.)

          Wevers, John William & Detlef Fraenkel. 2003. Studies in the Text Histories of Deuteronomy and Ezekiel. Abhandlungen der Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Göttingen Philologisch-Historische Klasse, Dritte Folge 256. Mitteilungen des Septuaginta-Unternehmens 26. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht.

          And, of course, the newest edition of the Book Ezekiel in HUB

          Goshen-Gottstein, Moshe H. & Shemaryahu Talmon (eds.) 2004. The Book of Ezekiel. The Hebrew University Bible. Jerusalem: The Hebrew University Magnes Press. (Review: Sanders, James A. RBL 2005.)

          and a speciment of the Book of Ezekiel of the Oxford BIble

          van Rooy, Harry F. 2004. "A New Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible." JNSL 30/1:139-150.

          I have not read all the publications yet so I just list them.

          Sincerely

          Viktor Golinets, M.A.
          Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, München
          Institut für Semitistik

          Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB kostenlosem Speicher