excerpt of "The Gospel Hoax" Carlson's book on M. Smith

  • goranson@duke.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2005
      The first 19 pages (ch.1 and part of ch.2) of Stephen Carlson's book on M.
      Smith's "Secret Mark" are available online:

      http://www3.baylor.edu/baylorpress/PDFs/Carlson_Hoax_1.pdf

      Table of Contents:
      http://www.baylor.edu/baylorpress/index.php?id=26340&Book_ID=455

      The book is due out in November. Though I do not say that the book will be the
      last word on the subject, having read a pre-publication copy, I do say that
      Carlson makes a very strong case that Smith quite probably was the author and
      scribe of a forged letter of Clement that in turn quoted a bogus text of a
      supposedly early gospel. I recommend the book.

      best
      Stephen Goranson
      http://www.duke.edu/~goranson
      "Jannaeus, His Brother, and Judah the Essene"
      (now with fewer typos!)