Re: [textualcriticism] Mark 13.13 ESESQE

  • Daniel B. Wallace
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 12, 2005
      It's not bold in my eighth printing of NA27.

      Dan Wallace

      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 12, 2005
        In my copy of NA27, 8th Printing, 2001 (in German "27. Auflage, 2. Druck) , the middle epsilon is not printed bold. But it is bold in NA27, 2nd printing, 1994.

        In NA27, 2nd printing, 1994 in Acts 1:1 LOGON the last letter is bold. But in NA27, 8th printing, 2001 it is not bold.

        Here is the short list of other instances in NA27, 2nd printing, 1994 and in NA27, 8th printing, 2001 with bold letters:

        Lk 1,59 PERITEMEIN the first Iota

        Lk 2,31 PROSWPON the first Omicron and the accent sign

        John 3,28 MARTUREITE the first four letters

        John 10:23 PERIPATEI the second Iota

        John 10:25 hA and the accent sign

        John 11:31 MET THE first letter

        Acts 1:1 W and the accent sign

        Hebr 9,25 EAUTON the Ypsilon

        These are the instances that I have just noted during my reading but I have not checked all the NT consequently. I also have not checked the 1st, the 3rd, the 5th, the 6th and the 7th printigs of NA27.

        Viktor Golinets, M.A.
        Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, München
        Institut für Semitistik

        Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB kostenlosem Speicher
      • Viktor Golinets

          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
            Dear Peter:

            I'm pretty sure the bold epsilon is a typo, possibly elicited by a
            typesetter's omission of "es" and a subsequent correction at the
            proof-reading stage.

            In the 1963 25th edition, "esesqe" is normal, without any bold
            letters.

            Yours in Christ,

            James E. Snapp, Jr.
            Curtisville Christian Church