RE: [textualcriticism] Kate Bush new album 'Aerial'

  • Peter Head
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
      At 12:56 PM 9/8/05, you wrote:
      >I do think textual criticism could benefit from the insights of the
      >disciplines of neurolinguistics and psycholinguistics. To get started in
      >this sub-discipline try Sebastiano Timpanaro's The Freudian slip:
      >Psychoanalysis and textual criticism (London: NLB, 1976). I don't always
      >agree with him but it's a fun read.
      >
      >Harold P. Scanlin

      He wrote earlier on Lachmann so he ought to know about textual criticism.
      Cf. S. Timpanaro, Die Entstehung der Lachmannschen Methode(Hamburg: H.
      Buske; 2nd edition; translation from La genesi del metodo del Lachmann
      (Firenze: Le Monnier, 1963), 1971)

      Cheers

      Peter

      Peter M. Head, PhD
      Tyndale House
      36 Selwyn Gardens Phone: (UK) 01223
      566607
      Cambridge, CB3 9BA Fax: (UK) 01223 566608