Neville Birdsall

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      From Mark Goodacre:
      "I have just heard from my colleague David Parker that Neville Birdsall died in the night, just after midnight. The funeral is to be at St Andrews Church, Haughton-le-Skerne, Darlington Co Durham (to be conducted by the Vicar, Revd Dr David Bryan), but I don't have a date yet. They have asked for family flowers only. They will nominate an appropriate charity should people wish to make a donation in memoriam. The service will include a requiem mass and communicant members of all denominations will be invited to take communion.
      Neville Birdsall was a fine scholar who made a major contribution to New Testament textual criticism and he will be greatly missed. I was lucky enough to get the chance to see Neville recently at the Fourth Birmingham Colloquium on the Textual Criticism of the New Testament (see the picture there of Neville entertaining a group with his anecdotes), which turns out to have been his public swan song."
      http://www.ntgateway.com/weblog/2005/04/textual-criticism-colloquium_21.html

      Note: "Collected Papers in Greek and Georgian Textual Criticism" by J. Neville Birdsall
      This volume collects together the most influential papers of the leading New Testament textual critic.
      I have read somewhere that a new edition will be out by Gorgias Press soon?

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de