Rennes le Chateau and Codex Bezae - Update

  • malcolm robertson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2005
      Dear Wieland,

      Nice job!  The nail is well embeded in the coffin.  Now we just need to refer more people to the site.

      Cordially in Christ,

      Malcolm

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • K. Martin Heide
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 25, 2005
        Wieland Willker wrote:
        Recently I discovered that the text of "parchment 1" of the Rennes le chateau hoax has been copied from codex Bezae (see msg. # 311).

        I have contacted Jean Luc Chaumeil and he told me that the text has been taken from:

        "Dictionnaire de la Bible"
        Tome 1: A-B
        Editor: F. Viouroux, Paris, 1895

        You mean  Fulcran   Vigouroux,  of course, do you?

        Martin
        I have looked this up and found exactly the page of Codex Bezae Luke 6:1-9 reproduced as a facsimile between columns 1768 and 1769, as fig. 540, where the entry for "Bezae (Codex)" begins.

        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Rennes/index.html

        I think at least this case is now closed (for me).
        Oops, I almost forgot to mention the Da Vinci Code!

      • Daniel Buck
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2005
          It now turns out this information was first revealed in April.
          http://priory-of-sion.com/posd/upjune2005.html
          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker"

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 27, 2005
            Daniel Buck wrote:
            > It now turns out this information was first revealed in
            > April.
            > http://priory-of-sion.com/posd/upjune2005.html

            This is correct and I got the info from Chaumeil already in April, but it took me that long to track down the volume in a library.
            It is interesting that it has been revealed by Chaumeil just now (on TV in April). I have been told that he was under professional(?) discretion and that it ends this year (March?). He announced to publish what he knows about the hoax in a book by the end of the year.

            mailto:willker@...-bremen.de