8153RE: [textualcriticism] Peer review (was Marcion's Gospel)

  • Ehrman, Bart D
    Oct 30, 2013

           I’ve been an outsider to much of this conversation, but I do have to say that I do not understand the reluctance to accept the fact that peer-reviewed research has -- through the process itself -- been awarded its bona fides, and non-peer-reviewed research has not.  Is someone challenging that view?

            Or to put it differently: if someone has a good case to make (on any academic topic whatsoever), what is the argument *against* making this case available in a peer-reviewed format?

            If someone has research that can *not* pass the peer-review process, in almost every instance there is a reason for that.

      -          Bart Ehrman

      Bart D. Ehrman

      James A. Gray Professor

      Department of Religious Studies

      Please Join My New Blog: Christianity in Antiquity (CIA): The Bart Ehrman Blog

      At www.ehrmanblog.org