      From: Atef Wagih <atef_wagih@...>
      To: "textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com" <textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 12:49 AM
      Subject: [textualcriticism] Jonah 3:4 between the MT & LXX

      Hi all,

      In Jonah 3:4 in the MT it says that after forty days the city will be destroyed.
      While in the LXX is says after three days...etc

      The explanation I read about this is that this is a coying error in the LXX.

      I checked it in Coptic and found it "three", i believe that this is because it is based on the LXX.

      My Question is: do we have copies of the book of Jonah in the Dead Sea scrolls? and if so what does it read?

      Thank you very much.

      In Christ,
      Atef
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic