      To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      From: spuluka@...
      Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:57:30 -0400
      Subject: Re: [textualcriticism] Jonah 3:4 between the MT & LXX

      On Jul 14, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Atef Wagih wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > In Jonah 3:4 in the MT it says that after forty days the city will be destroyed.
      > While in the LXX is says after three days...etc
      > The explanation I read about this is that this is a coying error in the LXX.
      > I checked it in Coptic and found it "three", i believe that this is because it is based on the LXX.
      > My Question is: do we have copies of the book of Jonah in the Dead Sea scrolls? and if so what does it read?

      I checked in Abegg's "The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible" and Jonah is not listed as extant in the collection. This book collects into modern Bible order and format all the scripture from the Dead Sea Scrolls in an English translation of those texts. This includes references on their original location in the scrolls collection.

      This is a convenient and affordable volume.

      Steve Puluka
      Cantor Holy Ghost Mckees Rocks - Carpatho-Rusyn tradition
      MA Theology Duquesne University

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic