7947Re: [textualcriticism] Origen's Comment on MSS and the Gospel of the Hebrews in Mt Comm XV 14

  • Jonathan C. Borland
    Jul 2, 2013
      Dear Chris,

      Why not Klostermann's fine edition?

      Sincerely,

      Jonathan C. Borland

      On Jul 2, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Vox Verax <james.snapp@...> wrote:

      I dunno about online sources, but the Greek text of the first part of the extract can be found in Metzger's article on References in Origen to Variant Readings in NT Texts & Studies VIII (1968), footnote 2 (Chapter 9 of NTTS 8 = chapter IX of Biblical and Patristic Studies in Honor of Robert Pierce Casey), and the Latin text of the second part can be read in Huck's 1963 Synopsis of the First Three Gospels, on page 145 (Unit 189) in the first footnote.

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, C L <sigebryht@...> wrote:

      > Andrew, et al,,
      >
      > I would be interested to compare the Latin and Greek editions of Origen that you indicate. Where might I find them online?
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Chris Lovelace
      >
      > One should note that the Greek original and Latin
      > translation of Origen's Commentary on Matthew differ substantially at this point.
      > The reference to a Hebrew Gospel (or Hebrew version of Matthew) is found only in the Latin translation.
      >
      > Andrew Criddle

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, C L <sigebryht@...> wrote:

      > Andrew, et al,,
      >
      > I would be interested to compare the Latin and Greek editions of Origen that you indicate. Where might I find them online?
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Chris Lovelace

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic