7714Is this a typo in NA28, or am I missing something?

  • Jim Darlack
    Feb 25, 2013

      Hello all.

      I was helping a student today work through the apparatus for an assignment in an introductory exegesis class.

      We were looking up manuscripts in Appendix I in the NA28 and came across what looks like a potential typo (p. 813).

      The table states that ms.1841 contains ap *R, while the NA27 has ap (*)r.

      Now I know it’s minor, but shouldn’t the NA28 have an r rather than an R? Typically the R points to “Romans” but in this case, the * indicates that the 1841 is a consistently cited witness for Revelation (which if used in Appendix I is typically a lowercase ‘r’, unless indicated in a string of exceptions, where it is abbreviated Ap).

      This is the kind of thing that causes quite a hiccup for librarians helping seminary students new to TC (especially when the librarian is new to the NA28). ;^)

      Jim Darlack, Assistant Librarian for Reference & Bibliographic Instruction

      GORDON-CONWELL
      THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY

      GODDARD LIBRARY
      130 ESSEX STREET, SOUTH HAMILTON, MA 01982
      (978) 646-4004 | jdarlack@...
      www.facebook.com/goddardlibrary
      www.gordonconwell.edu/library

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic