7651Re: A Vaticanus facsimile on display (was: Vaticanus OT online?)

  • Danger
    Dec 22, 2012
      Daniel, et al.

      You mentioned that "Noah's list of supplies... is in a mix of paleo-Hebrew and cuneiform," but that this is "for another forum."

      Please, please tell me where such a forum is. I would love to join it. (Sreiously: I enjoy this present group a lot, but where can I find a vigorous group of Biblical Hebrew scholars with whom to interact online?).

      Best,

      Chris

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "bucksburg" <bucksburg@...> wrote:

      > The Creation Museum in Kentucky is hosting some rare books from the Van Kempen Collection. Most of them are in a guarded room with no cameras allowed. But one of them is an opened facsimile of Codex Vaticanus, on display near Noah's Ark with no such prohibitions posted.
      >
      > I suppose I could take a picture of that page (probably NT, though) and post it to the group--but might this already be available elsewhere?
      >
      > There's also a display of Paul penning one of his epistles--using a very odd uncial font, in which Pi and Gamma are barely distinguishable. I could make out individual words (fully written-out NS) but not identify the text (Paul apparently didn't spell all that well when Tertius wasn't around).
      >
      > Noah's list of supplies being taken on board is in a mix of paleo-Hebrew and cuneiform, but that's for another forum.
      >
      > Daniel Buck

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic