6373Re: [textualcriticism] lectionary query

  • James Miller
    Apr 6, 2011
      --- On Mon, 4/4/11, Tommy Wasserman <tommy.wasserman@...> wrote:

      "And for Greek Old Testament lectionaries, you can find a lot in publications by Sysse Engberg, e.g., http://www.teol.lu.se/fileadmin/user_upload/ctr/pdf/patristik/MCPL252011.pdf"

      9 times out of 10--and perhaps even more frequently on this list--when reference is made to "the lectionary," concern is with the NT lectionary. It's good to see at least some awareness here that there is a Greek OT lectionary tradition as well.

      I believe the most up-to-date bibliography on the Greek OT lectionary may be found (among the footnotes) in my article "The Prophetologion: The Old Testament of Byzantine Christianity?" in "The Old Testament in Byzantium," Paul Magdalino and Robert Nelson, eds., Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection: Washington, D.C., 2010.

      James
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic