6370Re: [textualcriticism] lectionary query

  • Tommy Wasserman
    Apr 4, 2011
      Dear Dr. Valentin,

      I suggest you go to this website with British theses http://ethos.bl.uk/Home.do

      Then register, and search for this title by

      The Textual Tradition of the Gospel of John in Greek Gospel Lectionaries from the Middle Byzantine Period

      from 2010 by Chris Jordan,  University of Birmingham.

      This dissertation is the most recent study, and contains the large introduction you are looking for. You will also find references to other studies.

      Apart from that, see

      Junack K., « Zu den griechischen Lektionaren und ihrer Überlieferung der katholischen Briefe », dans Die alten Übersetzungen des NT, die Kirchenväterzitate und Lektionare, K. Aland, éd., Berlin-New York, 1972 (Arbeiten zur neutestamentlichen Textforschung, 5), p. 498-591.

      And for Catholic Epistles, see

      Amphoux, Christian-Bernard and Jean-Paul Bouhot. La Lecture liturgique des Épîtres catholiques dans l'Église ancienne. Lausanne: Éditions du Zèbre.

      And for Greek Old Testament lectionaries, you can find a lot in publications by Sysse Engberg, e.g., http://www.teol.lu.se/fileadmin/user_upload/ctr/pdf/patristik/MCPL252011.pdf

      Good luck!

      Tommy Wasserman