5499Re: Dean John Burgon's collection of citations

  • hughhoughton
    Feb 3, 2010
      I did not see any textual information in the volumes, let alone a collation.
      Someone had clearly gone through certain passages (such as John 7:53-8:11) and made small ink marks in the margin, which I took as an indication that the references had been checked against an edition (and were perhaps being classified in some way), but that was all I noticed.

      Hugh Houghton

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, schmuel <schmuel@...> wrote:

      > Steven Avery
      > Thanks Hugh for the fascinating information about the British Library
      > volumes. Did you check and see if there are any notations or
      > collations on the verses that Dean John Burgon spoke about with some
      > nuance, especially Acts 8:37 and the heavenly witnesses ? Verses
      > which come up here and there in his writings but never have a textual
      > analysis ?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic