3559Re: Russian textual tradition variants in Jude

  • mjriii2003
    Mar 3, 2008
      Dear Tommy,

      The words in question in the last to verses translate
      respectively "dishonestly and lawlessly" and "from the unity of the
      faith."

      I see that I failed to pose my question clearly to begin with. What
      I was looking for was not the "known, already collated" information
      that NA27, you or NTTF would provide but perhaps a recent collated
      discovery not yet released.

      It still is my hunch that the glosses are explanatory and expland
      upon the text's meaning itself. The Russian translation that I've
      been reading deviates from the Synodal version in these and other
      points.

      The shroud of darkness that still encircles the extent of the Slavic
      textual tradition was one of my main interests in this question to
      begin with. If these words are texually transmitted from earlier
      Greek or Latin mss, then the proof is still pending, lying in the
      still as yet remaining uncollated texts.

      Thanks again for your willingness to respond.

      Malcolm
      ______________

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Tommy Wasserman <tomwas@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Malcolm,
      >
      > okay. Perhaps I also need an English translation! But I can try
      with my
      > limited knowledge of Slavic languages...
      >
      > v. 14, there are several witnesses that add AGGELWN to v. 14,
      including
      > some early, e.g., P72 01 044 et al. I see it as an explanatory
      gloss.
      > For an extensive comment, see my dissertation, The Epistle of Jude:
      Its
      > Text and Transmission, p. 299-300.
      >
      > v. 15: Does "slovax" mean words? The insertion of LOGWN has early
      and
      > widespread attestation, e.g., 01 04 33 81 1739 et al, see my
      > dissertation p. 305-307.
      >
      > v. 16: Can you translate that in as literal English as possible?
      >
      > v. 19: Can you translate this too?
      >
      > With regards
      >
      > Tommy
      >

      > 1 mar 2008 kl. 20.47 skrev mjriii2003:
      >
      > > Ok Tommy, here's the transcription:
      > >
      > > vs 14 angelof
      > > vs 15 slovax
      > > vs 16 nechestivo i bezzakonno
      > > vs 19 ot edinstva very
      > >
      > > Malcolm
      > >
      > > -----------
      > >
      > > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Tommy Wasserman
      <tomwas@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear Malcolm,
      > > >
      > > > my problem is that I cannot see what you have written -
      perhaps my
      > > > e-mailsoftware does not support your font. Can you do a
      > > transcription
      > > > please and I will try to answer.
      > > >
      > > > Tommy Wasserman

      Greek