3118Book of Revelation & Folio 129a of Sinaiticus
- May 9, 2007Dear List:
The notes here are definitly instriguing to say the
least. The questions leaping to my mind are the
1. What would be the motive(s) for writing these
notes, and why in Arabic?
2. Closelyas sociated with the above questions, Why
these notes at Revelation 7:12 -8:12?
3. What date might we assign this editorial note?
Daniel Buck has suggested the Muslim period - perhaps
4. What connection is there between the Manuscript
history of Sinaiticus and these Arabic notes? For
example, Kirssop Lake outlines two possible histories:
one originating in Ceasarea, the other Alexandria.
Still more, What connection is there between Saint
Catherines Montastery and these Arabic notes? For
example, the presence of the Fatimid Mosque within the
Monastery as well as the Letter from Mohammad
promising protection, suggests a close link between
Mohammad and the Monastery that housed this great
manuscript. One might even ponder if Mohammad himself
is the author of these editorial notes???
5. This lines of questioning finally leads to the
question: Is there any connection between the
editorial notes and the Quran and/or Sunnah? In other
words, does the content of the Arabic note have a
parallel in the Quran and/or Sunnah?
Any help from the list, would be greatly appreciated.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>