3100Re: [textualcriticism] Book of Revelation & Folio 129a of Sinaiticus

  • Jean G. Valentin
    Apr 26, 2007
      Dear Mark,

      Yes it is Arabic. But it's quite bad calligraphy. I'll try to decipher it
      but I don't promise I will succeed.
      I'll be back within a few days, fortunately we have this long week-end.
      Jean V.

      --
      Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
      jgvalentin@...

      "Et bien que je ne prétende pas comprendre,
      Je continuerai à étudier jusqu'à la fin"

      (Sutra du retour à la nature originelle -
      texte chrétien chinois - VIIIe siècle)

      > De : Mark Thunderson <mark.thunderson@...>
      > Répondre à : textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      > Date : Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:06:33 -0700 (PDT)
      > À : textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      > Objet : [textualcriticism] Book of Revelation & Folio 129a of Sinaiticus
      >
      > Dear list:
      >
      > In Codex Sinaiticus, Revelation 7:12-9:5 (folio #
      > 129a), at the bottom of the page there is some writing
      > placed directly under the first three columns. It
      > looks to me like it might be arabic? Does any one
      > know what language this is? And, if so, what is the
      > translation as well as the history behind this strange
      > editorial insertion?
      >
      > You can view the page here:
      >
      > http://www.csntm.org/Manuscripts/GA%2001/GA01_129a.jpg
      >
      > Sincerely,