2974Re: New Ending to the Gospel of Mark?

  • Peter Gurry
    Mar 9, 2007
      If I remember right, N. Clayton Croy also traces the theory of a lost beginning and ending of Mark back to C. F. D. Moule. I don't think he cites any written source of Moule's, just personal correspondence. Croy talks briefly about it in either the introduction or the foreword of his Mutilation of Mark's Gospel (Abingdon, 2003). I don't have it on hand, otherwise I could verify that.

      Peter Gurry

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel B. Wallace" <csntm@...> wrote:

      I suspect that C. F. D. Moule made the suggestion that both the beginning and ending of Mark had been lost. I know he taught this for years, but don't recall if he ever wrote anything on it.

      Daniel B. Wallace
      Executive Director