146New Testament Transcripts Prototype

    Oct 21, 2004
      I would like to sing some praise about the new Muenster website:

      http://nttranscripts.uni-muenster.de/AnaServer?NTtranscripts+0+start.anv

      It features now the text of e.g. P45, P66, P75, 01, 02 and 03 of the
      Gospels, complete! You can use a "page view", where you can see e.g. the
      three columns of one page of B. The umlauts in B are given.
      Especially helpful is the "Compare" function. You can compare two MSS
      with each other, verse by verse, and the differences are highlighted!

      I have played around with it a bit and it is extremely helpful.
      Everything is in Unicode, which might be helpful in the future, but
      currently it is a bit of a problem with most Bible programs. But I have
      recently posted a conversion macro, with which you can easily convert
      this e.g. into the Bibleworks or CCAT format. After doing this you can
      compare the MSS also in Bibleworks, using the highlighting feature or
      other Bible programs.

      Great! This is really a large step forward and I can only hope that it
      is continued.

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de