119Re: Gospel of Peter Greek and a question

    Oct 4, 2004
      Andrew Bernhard wrote:
      > how are we to take the other nominative in the sentence UPAKOH
      > ("obedience")?

      I think that UPAKOH simply means "answer" here.
      Of the letters in question, only the final AI is safe. Everything else
      is open. Not even the first "T" is safe, because have a look at how the
      scribe writes Lambda (e.g. next line). Also a Pi is possible. The Nu is
      also not safe, because there is a gap between the second and the third
      stroke.
      I have no idea what to make of this.

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de