Happy Thanksgiving From iHumor!

  • Prof Howdy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2012

      The Real Story Of Thanksgiving!

      Now time for a tradition, an annual tradition, and that is The Real Story of Thanksgiving from my book that I wrote back in the early nineties. I wrote two of them, actually. In one of the books I wrote, The Real Story of Thanksgiving...

      Give Thanks!

      The first "official" Thanksgiving was celebrated 212 years ago. President George Washington's first presidential proclamation designated the 26th day of November to be set aside for giving thanks...

      A Measure Of Gratitude!

      Putting our fingers to the wind being a national pastime, Harris Interactive has quantified thankfulness for 2012.

      In a survey conducted last month of 2,463 adults, only a third of respondents report having more to be thankful for than they had a few years ago...

      Morning Bell: A Day of ‘Public Thanksgiving and Prayer’

      Most of us have heard or read at least part of Abraham Lincoln's Thanksgiving proclamation at some point. But even those who have heard it many times can overlook two important aspects of this important document.

      The first is its timing: October 3, 1863...

      Give Thanks To America: God Shed His Grace On Thee!

      In late 1620, Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower reached the New World to found what would become Plymouth Colony. Governed by the Mayflower Compact—the representative government established through it—they thanked God for their safe voyage and disembarked the vessel with a cold winter before them...

      The Story Of Squanto 'God's Instrument'

      Most of us know the story of the first Thanksgiving --

      at least, we know the Pilgrim version. But how many

      of us know the Indian viewpoint?

      No, I'm not talking about some revisionist, politically

      correct version of history...