Re: infinitives

  • HandyDad
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
      --- In texperanto@yahoogroups.com, "Rex May" <rmay@m...> wrote:
      > And, speaking of verbs, how about making the imperative ending -aw. The current -u
      > ending does clash somewhat with the -u ending in the personal correlatives.

      Sounds good. "aw" has a rather imperative sound to it.

      I'm still thinking about the previous message.
      ---larry
    • HandyDad
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
        --- In texperanto@yahoogroups.com, "Rex May" <rmay@m...> wrote:
        > Here's a thought. Change the -ar ending meaning group to something else. Then make
        the
        > infinitive ending -aro, appropriate because it suggests romance infinitive endings, and
        > because an infinitive does behave a lot like a noun.

        I would stick with unstressed "-ar" for the infinitive. We Western language speakers are
        taught that infinitives are verb forms and it becomes a complicated thing to explain why
        they should look like nouns.

        > I'm still wanting input on what the -aro meaning group ending ought to be.

        Still thinking....

        ---larry