Please help the parakeets and sign this petition...

  • Cindy Marabito
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2008
      This came through on one of my bird groups...they only have 550 signatures, so if you could please take a minute to sign and crosspost, I'd be so grateful. Thank you, Cindy

      Clark PU claims they have stopped killing for now, yet today they were video-taped removing nests from utility poles in a blizzard with temperatures below 30 degrees. Additionally, I
      was sent photos of the poor parakeets soaking wet and freezing...watching as their homes were destroyed.
      Clark PU may claim that they are not killing the birds, but the inhumane treatment they are
      inflicting on the birds by rendering them homeless and exposing them to severe cold will ultimately cause each bird to die a slow and uncomfortable death.
      The utility company continues to lie to the public, adhering to the mantra that the birds are pests and pose a threat to their equipment. This has to stop. There are humane alternatives, and we need to join together to put an end to Clark PU's inhumanity.