Temperamental hummers...

  • Cindy Marabito
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2006
      Well, we have had quite a melodrama involving the hummingbirds over
      here. I have tried three or four different feeders and they simply
      would not visit. Then, as I wrote before, I found a beautiful magenta
      glass one at Target which they LOVE! There are a pair who just
      practically live around it, perching in the juniper tree in between
      sips. I noticed a lot of bee and wasp activity and found that they
      can actually hurt hummers, so I ordered yet another feeder with bee
      guards. I noticed for the past week that they flew around it a couple
      of times and then simply disappeared. This morning, I refilled their
      glass one from Target (which the bee guards won't fit) and there they
      are again, just as happy as can be. Another nature lesson for me. How
      are things going with the rest of you bird lovers? Cindy