60Bird near Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie

  • gladragsnmore@sbcglobal.net
    May 6, 2009
      We were camping over the weekend at Joe Pool Lake near Grand Prairie, and I saw a bird in the grass at the side of the road, and I wondered what kind it was. It was a fairly large bird and was very fat with long tail feathers stretching out behind it. It was tan or gray with black markings throughout. The strange thing was how round and large its body was. Not as big as a turkey or anything like that, but it was certainly the size of a quail (if not larger).

      Any ideas what this could have been? I've looked at bird pictures to try to identify it to no avail.

      Thanks!
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic