Genealogy LookUp

  • monroecomi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2005
      I hope this is okay to post but thought some people would like to
      know about
      this. Hope it is helpful to someone.

      Genealogy Look Up Forum now has it's own genealogy chat room. There
      are so many people online who are looking for help seeking
      information on their family lines. This is a great way to actually
      chat with some live people who share the same hobby. Many who chat
      in the room are very helpful and have access to many resources.
      Other's give great suggestions on where and how to obtain your
      information. This can be an great learning experience for many
      people who are just beginning to research their ancestry. I would
      like
      to inviteanyone who might be interested in trying out the chat room.

      You must register a user name and a password to join in the chats.
      Many
      askwhy one should have to register. We do this because to make sure
      you
      have your own unique chatter ID. This also helps keep out porn bots
      or spammers
      out of the chat room. We do not need these kind of interuptions. We
      would like
      to keepyour experience enjoyable.

      To join the chats, just go to the URL below and register. Once you
      are
      on the login screen box..click on the register button...it will take
      you to the
      the form with
      your information, click on the blue box that says register your
      account. Then shortly you
      will get a confirmation email that your account has been accepted. I
      hope your
      chat experience will be helpful and enjoyable.

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~genealogylookup/chatroom.html

      We do have volunteer chat HOSTS that do come and maintain the
      room to
      make sure things go smoothly or help you get use to the chat room
      features.
      Some do hold scheduled genealogy chats on certain types of topics.
      If anyone is
      interested in holding a scheduled chat on a certain genealogy topic.
      Please feel
      free to emailme...tell me what the topic would be....your experience
      and knowledge on
      the topic and why it might benefit others.