Re: Obit for William Henry Shupp from De Leon Cty Texas

  • Sam Waring
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
      > Looking for an obit on William Henry Shupp that lived most of his
      > life after migration in De Leon Texas. He died April 14, 1942 and is
      > buried in Downing Cemetery Comanche County.

      There's no such. The De Leon _Free Press_ files from 1940 to 1947
      are no longer extant; presumably they were given to a wartime paper drive.
      The University of Texas Barker Texas History Center has files from 1940
      and before; the Comanche Public Library has files from 1947 forward.

      The Comanche library will do name searches; send $3.00 per name and
      an SASE to Comanche Public Library, 311 N. Austin St., Comanche, TX 76442.

      Sam

      --
      Sam Waring <curmudgn@...>
      ICQ 15346038; AIM TheCurmudgn; Y!M the_curmudgn

      When there is a river in your growing up,
      you probably always hear it.
    • barbie southerland
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
        Thanks, already have it, though. I found a cousin that lives in De Leon and she sent me a copy. Thanks for the information, though! Happy searching. Barbie
        Sam Waring <curmudgn@...> wrote: > Looking for an obit on William Henry Shupp that lived most of his
        > life after migration in De Leon Texas. He died April 14, 1942 and is
        > buried in Downing Cemetery Comanche County.

        There's no such. The De Leon _Free Press_ files from 1940 to 1947
        are no longer extant; presumably they were given to a wartime paper drive.
        The University of Texas Barker Texas History Center has files from 1940
        and before; the Comanche Public Library has files from 1947 forward.

        The Comanche library will do name searches; send $3.00 per name and
        an SASE to Comanche Public Library, 311 N. Austin St., Comanche, TX 76442.

        Sam

        --
        Sam Waring <curmudgn@...>
        ICQ 15346038; AIM TheCurmudgn; Y!M the_curmudgn

        When there is a river in your growing up,
        you probably always hear it.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT