Obit for William Henry Shupp from De Leon Cty Texas

  • cuntrybumpkin1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2002
      Looking for an obit on William Henry Shupp that lived most of his
      life after migration in De Leon Texas. He died April 14, 1942 and is
      buried in Downing Cemetery Comanche County. Most of the Shupp family
      on my side is buried there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Also an obit for Carrie Shupp (Gilchrest) Williams wife died February
      2, 1948 in Waco Texas and buried in Comanche County Texas at Downing
      Cemetery.

      Any help would be appreciated...Those with info but no obit can stil
      reply:-)

      Thanks in advance.
      Barbie

      A photo of the headstones would be great, too. Would be willing to
      pay for filmand postage, etc
    • Sam Waring
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
        > Looking for an obit on William Henry Shupp that lived most of his
        > life after migration in De Leon Texas. He died April 14, 1942 and is
        > buried in Downing Cemetery Comanche County.

        There's no such. The De Leon _Free Press_ files from 1940 to 1947
        are no longer extant; presumably they were given to a wartime paper drive.
        The University of Texas Barker Texas History Center has files from 1940
        and before; the Comanche Public Library has files from 1947 forward.

        The Comanche library will do name searches; send $3.00 per name and
        an SASE to Comanche Public Library, 311 N. Austin St., Comanche, TX 76442.

        Sam

        --
        Sam Waring <curmudgn@...>
        ICQ 15346038; AIM TheCurmudgn; Y!M the_curmudgn

        When there is a river in your growing up,
        you probably always hear it.
      • barbie southerland
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
          Thanks, already have it, though. I found a cousin that lives in De Leon and she sent me a copy. Thanks for the information, though! Happy searching. Barbie
          Sam Waring <curmudgn@...> wrote: > Looking for an obit on William Henry Shupp that lived most of his
          > life after migration in De Leon Texas. He died April 14, 1942 and is
          > buried in Downing Cemetery Comanche County.

          There's no such. The De Leon _Free Press_ files from 1940 to 1947
          are no longer extant; presumably they were given to a wartime paper drive.
          The University of Texas Barker Texas History Center has files from 1940
          and before; the Comanche Public Library has files from 1947 forward.

          The Comanche library will do name searches; send $3.00 per name and
          an SASE to Comanche Public Library, 311 N. Austin St., Comanche, TX 76442.

          Sam

          --
          Sam Waring <curmudgn@...>
          ICQ 15346038; AIM TheCurmudgn; Y!M the_curmudgn

          When there is a river in your growing up,
          you probably always hear it.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT