surnames St. Clair, Porter, Richardson, Gartrell, Davis

  • southernroots2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2002
      My St. Clairs, Porters, Richardsons, Gartrells lived in Palo Pinto
      County. My Grandfather John Hubert Davis born June 1896 in Denton
      County to English born parents. I'm trying to find the names of his
      parents. I have a fair amount of information on my Palo Pinto County
      families. My GGrandfather Henry Clay Gartrell born in Georgia 1843
      died in Strawn, Tx 1913. I.m trying to find where he is buried. Any
      help would be welcomed.
    • robina1a
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2002
        --- In texas2@y..., "southernroots2002" <southernroots2002@y...>
        wrote:
        > My St. Clairs, Porters, Richardsons, Gartrells lived in Palo Pinto
        > County. My Grandfather John Hubert Davis born June 1896 in Denton
        > County to English born parents. I'm trying to find the names of his
        > parents. I have a fair amount of information on my Palo Pinto
        County
        > families. My GGrandfather Henry Clay Gartrell born in Georgia 1843
        > died in Strawn, Tx 1913. I.m trying to find where he is buried. Any
        > help would be welcomed.

        I found a John H. Davis born 1896, died 1968. Father was Edmond
        Monroe Davis, b)2/6/1855 TN. and died 1914. Mother of this John
        H.Davis was Bettie Ann Gills ( Giles ), b)7/11/1860 Obrion Co. TN.
        and died 1920. Edmond and Bettie had 10 children, 2 of them being
        twins.

        I have a Josie Gartrell married to Benjamin Willey Richardson, Son
        of Winnie St.Clair ( my line ) and Andrew Richardson. Is this Josie
        the same as Josephine Gartrell born 1884. If so I would like
        information on Ben And Josie's family. Also there is a Ollie
        Richardson sister of Ben, who married a Aaron Price. Do you have any
        info on the parents of Aaron?

        Hope this helps a little. I also have a Club, not many members yet,
        but your welcome to join. Also here is Jim Sublett email address:
        Jksub@... He might be able to help some.

        Thanks Robin Gann
      • southernroots2002 <southernroots2002@yah
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2002
          --- Thanks. I joined your group a few days ago. I'm sure I will learn
          a lot about my St. Clair ancesters. Jim Sublett is my Cousin and we
          keep in touch.
          :