Mistake on Voltage Meter Placement
- In reviewing the jpegs made (not yet submitted) for showing the
individual reactive consumptions for the spirals, I noticed that for
the inductive case, the consumptions were identical, but phase 2's
voltage was higher. Checking the connections I found that phase 2's
connections were actually connected to the open circuit stator of
phase 3. Thus the former jpeg showing the dual phase resonance may
have been in error. Additionally the circuit is now retuned by adding
capacity to phase 1.(the original 45.2 uf nameplate value) Each C
side is now measured @ 44.2 -.44.4 uf, by LCR meter. 1 uf of capacity
added to phase 1, as its nameplate 44 uf read 43 uf on LCR meter. So
I will repost a jpeg of the dual 120 phased res. spirals @ ~44.3 uf.
The paradoxical effect is that in the mistuned state using 43 uf
yeilds a top value near 16 volts allowing for 9.5 Amps consumption.
When we add the 1.2 uf, the circuit is supposed to be closer to
resonance, but yet the amperage consumption slightly drops, and this
is a consequence that the finer tuned resonance finally begins
to "load down" the stator supply voltage, causing it to drop from its
measured standard of 15 volts open circuit. The single phase
resonance using 44.2 uf will cause the stator to drop to between
13.8 -14.2 volts, and it will not enable the same amperage present in
the 15 to 16 stator volt mistuned res using 43 uf. Thus the former
jpeg showing a single phase resonanace was actually the mistuned
case, where no stator voltage drop took place using the smaller 43 uf.