More Stator Delivery Paradoxes

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2004
      In setting up the third reactance to show the effects of three
      spiral reactances in mutual inductance a mistake was made. I forgot
      to reverse the winding direction of the last spiral. Normally for
      the single layer bifilar construction, where all the currents in the
      phase contribute to the same magnetic field direction, because the
      second set of spirals are backwards with respect to the first, the
      current directions through the opposite wound spiral must also be
      reversed. If we were to assemble the connections for that scenario,
      without having reversed the second spiral direction, we are in fact
      causing a magnetic opposition within the phase itself, which causes
      that phase to loose a significant amount of impedance, thus it will
      draw more current then a phase constructed for magnetic unity.

      Magnetic Opposition Within Phase 3/ Wiring Arrangement
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/SP/Dsc00520.jpg

      This is a jpeg showing the wiring arrangement for that scenario. Both
      sets of spirals are in a clockwise direction. Black clips are the
      enter and exit points, on the outer connections of the bottom and top
      layers. The inner endings of the middle layers are connected. A red
      wire is connected from the inner connection of layer 1 to the outer
      connection of layer 2, for the first identical winding reroute. The
      next connections between layer 2 & 3 do not use a wire, the inner
      connections of both cable sets are twisted together. The last return
      wire connection uses a white wire to connect the outer wind of layer
      3 to the inner wind of layer 4. The circuit finishes with a black
      wire outer connection on layer 4. Layers 1 and 2 make an opposite
      magnetic field then that caused on layers 3 & 4. It is an internal
      magnetic compression within the phase itself, which decreases that
      phases impedance.

      Now let us see the results of driving all three phases. Phase 1 and
      2 are made in order, where it has been previously shown that this
      converts the 120 degree phasings into 180, and then stator line M
      contains ~ the sum of the currents of phases 1 & 2. If everything
      were in order we would then connect the bottom black wire connection
      of phase 3, to the ending stator line connection of phase 2, which
      would be the junction at stator line 3. Since phase 3 is in of
      itself a magnetic compression, we shouldnt think that its enter and
      exit points would matter, but it does. So to better show the effect
      here of paradoxical stator line delivery currents those enter and
      exit points are reversed, as that configuration both reduces its
      stator line current input, and also increases the amperage on the
      phase itself. Thus the junction made at stator line 3, connected to
      the ending of phase 2, is instead connected to the top connection of
      the magnetic compression. The finish of the 3 phase circle is made
      with the bottom connection of phase 3 being in common with the
      beginning of phase 1, whic is connected to stator line 1.

      180 phased magnetic opposition between phases 1 and 2; Phase 3
      internal magnetic opposition with reversed ordered connections.

      This jpeg was made with an unenergized field, (parametric), and the
      stator voltage meter was placed on phase 3. The low impedance of that
      phase caused the observed open stator voltage ~ 2 volts to drop to
      about half of that open circuit value at .965 volts. The voltage
      measurements of the other phases that are not loaded down to this
      degree showed them them to be slightly higher @ 1.02 volts. Formerly
      it was thought that a 3 phase stator voltage would be identical for
      all 3 phases, so this is some new information, that may have caused
      some small errors in previous measurements. In order to make a
      precise impedance measurement for a phase, it will become necessary
      to also make sure the voltage meter is also on that phase. This may
      have been the cause for differing impedances to be measured on the
      same spiral set, depending on whether we are drawing on one or two
      phases. This will be reinvestigated. But here the important
      information shows that each stator line is containing the sum of the
      phases it serves, or actually at one junction, it contains less then
      that amount. If these components were instead resonances, instead of
      reactances, we might conclude that it shows three 180 degree phase
      angles, which of course is an impossibility. Stator lines 1 and 3,
      respectively containing .74A and .83A, then allows a current of .76
      A between them on phase 3. We conclude that phase 3 must be taking
      the majority of the current from those stator lines. But the paradox
      then becomes the amounts of currents given to phases 1 and 2, which
      hold .34A and .30 A respectively. How did stator lines 1 and 3
      contribute to those currents, if the majority of that available
      current was consumed by phase 3? We find that stator line M,
      containing .65 A, contains slightly over the sum of phases 1 and 2
      @ .64A, so then we suppose that phases 1 and 2 are 180 out of phase,
      which was shown also when they were the only outputs taken. Therefore
      the addition of phase three did not change that phasing arrangement.
      It would seem that more current is being derived on the phases, then
      what the supply stator lines should allow for. It may simply also be
      a case that occurs in inbalanced deliveries on 3 phase, and an
      inadequate knowledge of how phase angles are procurred. I would have
      to think that very little phase angle differences exist in timings
      for these three phases, where timing wise a 180 phased current is
      identical to a unity phased one. This is just another piece of the
      puzzle submitted for consideration. Whether this particular aspect
      has any significance is not known. Recall that with a unity phase
      angle, all the current returns on the adjacent phase, instead of
      returning on the stator line. If we disconnected phase three, the
      stator lines 1 and 3 uniquely supplying those phases would drop to
      slightly less then half of the presently shown consumptions.
      Therefore when we did add that phase, they added about .40 to .53 A
      to the circle, but we obtained the addition of a current far in
      excess to those values at .76 A. It seems almost as if an extra
      quarter of an amp just magically appeared on phase 3, and we are left
      wondering how that amperage got there, given the consumptions of the
      stator lines making those deliveries!