Re: Brand Meter AC Amperage Differences Noted at 480 hz

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2004
      --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, Harvey Norris <harvich@y...> wrote:
      > More pieces of the puzzle in corroboration with the
      > past evidence now come together. The worst scenario
      > for the experimentalist is to gather faulty data to
      > base a revolutionary conclusion on. If the data is
      > only 5 to 10 % of what is expected, this doesnt raise
      > too many eyebrows. But one of my early questions
      > became how could stator line M serving two phase lines
      > at a supposed 120 degree phase angle; in turn could
      > contain slightly over the sum of the individual phase
      > amperages?
      The Velleman Meters formerly used as
      > the phase amperage meters, vs the Radio Shack Meters
      > used to record stator line amperages are now seen to
      > contain significant differences, if a low battery
      > reading is true.
      This battery was replaced and now the deviances are far less severe.
      Formerly two meters in series on phase 2 of the spirals was reading 1
      and also 1.2 A, for the Vellaman meter. The new readings show a 1.03
      A reading for the same 1 amp current, so the error is now only 3 %.

      The low battery reading was found on
      > one of these Velleman phase amperage meters, so I
      > decided to make that reading with A RS meter instead.
      > I found that both AC amperage meters in series could
      > show two different amperages, where the RC meter shows
      > 1 A, for the same Velleman meter reading of 1.2 A.
      > Whether this difference is because of a low voltage
      > reading from the Vellaman meter is doubted.
      As indicated it was....

      HDN, correcting some errors.