Teslafy Puzzlelich

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2004
      Here's a little tidbit that might interest folks. I guess my mom gave
      me a puzzle like this some time ago. I couldnt recall the answer at
      that time. She's a pretty smart cookie from Tennesee. She used Five
      for the puzzle. Here are twenty pieces that can be formed into 5 rows
      of 4. Take ten pieces out and make 4 rows of 5 again.

      So the same puzzle can be given as a reply to the puzzle of how three
      phase works, and perhaps that understanding then can become universal
      towards the understanding of how and why the best possible phasing
      becomes the four phase system, by first understanding the meaning of
      shared lines.

      If we take the puzzle down to the lowest point; it can be given as
      follows. Take three lines and form a triangle. Now take 6 lines and
      then form 4 triangles. Now you have a pyramid in three dimensional
      space to satisfy the requirement. Viewing any of these corners shows
      three lines outwards. But each of these lines consists of shared
      triangles. We shall consider the source as a point, and the cause
      those connected lines from the point. The effect is the second
      generation of line connections, which is the triangle delta which is
      created by a WYE delivery of motional emf from the source. The
      alternator ferromagnetic windings are connected in WYE to make a
      delivery in DELTA.

      So in this analogy nothing works backwards, and given the four points
      on that three dimensional triangle, only one of those points can work
      as the cause of emf, meaning the alternator only works as a
      generator, and not vice versa where a backwards stator input would
      cause the device to work instead as a motor principle.

      So on the causal lines, they are distinct from the effect lines. What
      a wonderful thing it would be a create a four point oscillation
      between those duties? We have this thing called a mind. God gives man
      a mind so that he can imagine obtuse possibitities. A bird in the
      hand is worth two in the bush.