Comparisons of Scope signals for low and high sweep rates/repetitions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2003
      ~23 rf bursts/cycle; Neon with arc gap
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00474.jpg

      Yep that what it looks like a slower sweep rate, but
      see what the higher sweep rate looks like:

      Multi-tracing on RF Ringdown with 23 rf bursts/cycle;
      polar capacity neon arc gap; .5volts/div:10us/div
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00476.jpg

      More repetitions; Guess I forgot 474...

      --- Koen van Vlaenderen <raccoon@...> wrote:
      > A friend of mine told me recently about a past
      > experiment:
      > a non-inductive bifilar coil picks up a signal from
      > a glow-discharge lamp.
      > The signal is not transfered by a magnetic field.
      > The signal can be very different from a transversal
      > electromagnetic wave.
      Here there is a simple fact; it is not a gas
      discharge itself that emits "longitudinal EM", but
      rather the source of voltage on that bulb. Here is a
      jpeg showing a bifilar inductor delivering this
      "longitudinal" influence to a scope;
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00463.jpg
      200 volt neon discharge using arc gap in series with
      bodily polar capacity

      Close up scoping of 200 volt arc gap neon discharge,
      0.1 volt/div;10 us /div
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00464.jpg

      The presence of lower amplitude high frequency
      ringdowns that "appear" to be 90 degrees out of phase
      with the higher voltage signals is due to the
      influence of the miniscule arc gap, functioning to
      allow many "arcs per 60 hz cycle". To see these
      arcs/60 hz cycle we can turn down the scope sweep rate
      to see the interuptions of sweep rate at 2ms/div. A 60
      hz cycle occurs in 16.6 ms. The highest rates
      available from a good arc gap are 20/cycle, but normal
      small arc gaps deliver 10. Here is a good example of
      interupting the cycle frequency at ~ 23 arcs per 60 hz
      cycle and commentary from unsubmitted records.

      "and here the voltage of the neon scoping is reduced
      to 0.5 volts/div to record such a high BPS rate.
      ~23 rf bursts/cycle; Neon with arc gap/ voltage
      selection reduced to 0.5 volts/div 474?
      Accordingly when we wish to see such a signal as
      the actual rf ringdown by turning up the sweep rate to
      10us/div for this case here, this is the reasoning for
      observing what is termed multi-tracing, as each of
      these rf ringdowns should cause an oscillation of a
      scope beam tracing when the time period for a single
      screen trace is reduced so that many more electron
      beam sweeps can occur in the designated time period.
      Since in this case here the rf bursts are also
      occurring almost entirely throughout the cycle, we
      might also observe a slight misphasing of the rf
      ringdowns, however it is the job of scope circuitry
      when we use a �triggered � selection to view the
      forms, to cohere all these AC ringdowns so that we do
      not see many AC cycles all out of phase with each
      other, making that signal quite unintelligible for
      determining its frequency. This particular scope has
      a dial indicating �trigger holdoff� with a setting
      designated as normal, and turning the dial clockwise
      to increased trigger holdoff. where the scoping here
      was obtained with the triggering set to normal.
      Multi-tracing on RF Ringdown with 23 rf bursts/cycle;
      polar capacity neon arc gap; .5volts/div:10us/div 476
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00476.jpg

      Actually here the misphasing of some of the rf
      ringdowns as to where that ringdown starts with
      respect to its source frequency 60 hz cycle is shown
      by the thicker white traces of lower voltage that
      occurs nearly 90 degree out of phase with the larger
      voltage amplitude signals. The larger voltage signals
      then correspond to ringdowns occurring near the peak
      of the AC source frequency cycle, and the smaller
      voltage signals correspond to those found near the
      polarity change of minimal voltage on the source AC
      signal.

      One can also scope out the body capacity of a person
      as this end electrode and we find that the body
      amplifies signal to be double as found around the
      bulb; this is done by instead having the person stick
      his finger through the coil interior volume, rather
      then the gas bulb itself;

      Close up scoping of EM emmited by patients finger; .2
      volts/div, 10 us/div
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00452.jpg

      > Once Bruce Perreault has his glow-discharge tubes on
      > sale, I will buy one.
      > Then I test it by using non-inductive bifilar coils
      > and try to pick up signals.
      > This signal must not be the result of capacitive
      > coupling between tube and bifilar coil (only Coulomb
      > interaction).
      >
      > Regards,
      > Koen
      Bifilar definitons here are not the same: as the coil
      shown here as bifilar is different from the
      conceptions presented as "only" magnetic cancellation.
      A coil can be bifilar with respect to having higher
      internal capacity, and yet have NO conception of
      "magnetic cancellation". The point of the matter is
      to show a coil that DOES recieve vibrations of EM,
      that are normally at the "wrong" angle to recieve
      those vibrations, and to also point out that
      conventional sources of voltage will not provide that
      opportunity.

      HDN
      aka Dr Wrongway.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com