Virus Attack on newmantech instigated using teslafy's terminal address!

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8 6:36 AM
      I made sincere apologies to that list, and immediately unsubscribed,
      to see if I being a member of that list had been the cause of the
      virus attack. During this small time period, I and all the members of
      that list recieved a loop of about 60 letters by the time I
      unsubscribed. It is not possible to see if this loop has stopped
      because you have to be a list member to recieve the postings. I will
      resubscribe later to see what in the heck happened, and how long it
      will affect their list. I do not pay for internet access, my brother
      Mike does, and someone is apparently using his email address to
      spread a virus! He will be informed and shown this. I also showed him
      the same file that was sent to my harvich address. Hopefully the
      virus does not spread to this list,
      Sincerely HDN, in complete mystery as to why and how I could be
      implicated?
    • Dave N.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8 2:03 PM
        Harvey,

        > Sincerely HDN, in complete mystery as to why and how I could be
        > implicated?

        Simple - someone using your computer (or a computer that had your mail profiles
        on it) double clicked on an attachment to an email. You got the Sircam virus.
        Symantec has a removal tool:

        http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@...

        cut and paste if the link gets broken up...

        Remember - never ever double click on attachments unless you trust the source
        AND EXPECT THE FILE, or if it's a .jpg (or other image file) or a .txt file.
        (these are considered safe). If you must look at an attachment, make sure you
        have anti-virus software installed and updated and then use windows quickview
        function to check it out first.

        Best,

        Dave N.