RE: [acg_1001] Re: Harvey D Norris is already there

  • Goodger, Ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2002
      Dave,

      Resonance is definitely the right area to be exploring.  Tesla mentioned its importance quite often, and Harvey has made mention of unusual effects in his experiments with resonance.

      If you think about it, a simple capacitor and inductor in parallel with resonant values (ideal parts, no resistance or leakage) is a loss-less oscillator when injected with a specific amount of electric energy.  If you take the charged capacitor and short it out with the resonant coil, the electrons will rush from one plate of the capacitor to the other through the coil.  As the current flows through the coil, a magnetic field is pumped up around it, storing some of the energy of the current flow.  As the capacitor plate potential differential approaches equalization, current flow tries to go to zero, but at this point the field in the inductor collapses, forcing more electrons off the donating plate and onto the receiving plate than would have normally gone there.  So the energy stored in the inductor forces the same potential difference across the capacitor plates that had been there before, only in the opposite polarity now.  Once the field in the inductor has completely collapsed, current can flow in the opposite direction because of the now reversed polarity on the capacitor, pumping up the field again in the opposite polarity.  In ideal parts with no losses, this exchange would continue indefinitely.  If one could achieve even the slightest positive imbalance in this equilibrium due to a contribution from the 'aether', it would snowball into limitless energy.  However, since the components are not ideal the 'aether' would need to contribute enough extra energy to overcome losses and the gain would be limited by these losses. If one did achieve the positive imbalance, the energy in the system would grow until it destroyed the components due to melting the wire from resistance or puncturing the capacitor dielectric from overvoltage.

      Ron