Re: Scoping of a Solid State NST Secondary.

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      In succession to these files , I found that better scopings could be
      made by not having background halide light onto the subject scope, so
      addition of files are noted;
      Formerly;
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/ATC/Dsc00309.jpg
      described as;
      Solid State 20 khz NST; scoping across 20.5 mh coil with bulb in
      series; 10us/div; 50 volts/div
      can be better shown by not having background halide light on
      scope;and then turning up intensity of beam to reveal background
      vibrations, this is then classified as;
      Reduced Lighting background and increased beam intensity; Solid State
      20 khz NST; scoping across 20.5 mh coil with bulb in series;
      10us/div; 50 volts/div
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/ATC/Dsc00310.jpg
      Notice how the background oscillations become noticed now with this
      better scope technique. Normally the beam intensity must be turned
      down because the shining of the halide had made that necessary. I
      have worked a long time to make better scope photos, and this will be
      the standard for the future. I now understand that the background
      halide light is redundant for scope photos,but necessary for meter
      photos: and it is better using the Sony camera to use the dark
      background method for scopings. The Sony camera program called P
      suite does a good job in making things noticable in its program of
      adding lighting or subtracting lighting after the photo is made. This
      was formerly a great problem in showing meter indications with the
      former camera. The old camera was a piece of sheisse. Now better
      scopings can be made in the future, knowing that a dark background is
      better.

      Notice the effect of very unusual triggered scopings on turning the
      sweep rate up next to 5 us/div with triggered sweep; which is
      necessary to gain coherent information on all these sweepings. The
      uncohered signals sweep across the time frame faster than human
      recognition can recognize, so these are all triggered scopings.
      Solid State 20 khz NST; scoping across 20.5 mh coil with bulb in
      series; 5us/div; 50 volts/div : Dark Background
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/ATC/Dsc00311.jpg
      Now the inherent separation of polarities in these signals becomes
      more apparent.
      Next we can go up one more sweep rate to 2us/div.
      Solid State 20 khz NST; scoping across 20.5 mh coil with bulb in
      series; 2us/div; 50 volts/div
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/ATC/Dsc00312.jpg
      See how the 90 degree vibrations have been accentuated by turning up
      the sweep rate! They are there in the first place, but not noticable
      so much at the lower sweep rates: but by turning up the sweep rate
      and also using the technique of making the proper lighting with the
      good camera, those things are better brought out!