Re: high-frequency induction motors and generators?

  • harmonseaver
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4 3:20 PM
      --- In teslafy@y..., "harvich" <harvich@y...> wrote:
      > --- In teslafy@y..., "harmonseaver" <hseaver@c...> wrote:
      > > Does anyone know of a source for these, preferably used or surplus?
      >
      > Fessenden worked with production of high frequency alternators, where
      > apparently Alexanderson may have been the primary engineering
      > influence in their production. An ordinary alternator has a field
      > that moves in rotation by slip ring contacts, via DC delivery for a
      > rotating field. The receiving coils, or stator winds are stable and
      > mounted in the housing. In the high frequency alternator both
      > windings are designed to rotate against the other. It is said that
      > Fessenden once insisted in a wooden commutator, which caused
      > Alexanderson to shake his head and mutter comments of derision.
      > Nevertheless they built them.
      >
      > The high frequency motor is not known.
      > HDN

      It's not? Gee, the US military uses tons of them in aircraft and on
      ships. They're all 400hz, although I was wondering if there was any
      source for higher frequencys. And pretty much any induction generator
      will become a motor or visa versa.
    • David Thomson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4 3:29 PM
        I have lots of small 400hz motors in stock if you are interested. Nothing
        higher though.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5 6:52 AM
          How small is small? I'm really looking for something to do a hybrid
          vehicle with. Do you have a website?

          --- In teslafy@y..., "David Thomson" <dave@v...> wrote:
          > I have lots of small 400hz motors in stock if you are interested.
          Nothing
          > higher though.
          >
          > Dave

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • David Thomson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5 8:00 AM
            Small is as in aircraft servo motor. I have several web sites, but none of
            them have my surplus stock listed. Sorry I don't have anything big enough
            for your hybrid vehicle.

            Dave