Re: [teslafy] Re: time-reversed" current flow definition please...

  • Michael Best
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2002
      Is it possible that the "time reversed" phenomena is an artifact of the 'scopes display of the negative resistance behavior of neon lamps?  Gas-discharge lamps, like tunnel diodes, exhibit a negative slope in their EI curves over a portion of the domain.  This is what allows them to be used as oscillators when connected to a RC circuit.

      Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2002
        --- Michael Best <mbest@...> wrote:
        > Is it possible that the "time reversed" phenomena is
        > an artifact of the 'scopes display of the negative
        > resistance behavior of neon lamps? Gas-discharge
        > lamps, like tunnel diodes, exhibit a negative slope
        > in their EI curves over a portion of the domain.
        > This is what allows them to be used as oscillators
        > when connected to a RC circuit.
        Yes I would certainly agree with that idea, where the
        reverse decay scope signatures occur when the voltage
        is lowered to levels below that needed to initially
        accomplish the ionization. HDN

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com