Re: [teslafy] Copper Magnetic Motor

  • Dave N.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2002
      Harvey,

      | There are some very strange things that can be done
      | with large magnetic air core fields to exhibit
      | magnetic compression. The pricinple alone shows that a
      | magnet can be driven continuallly around its axis by
      | coils that never change polarity, but it is required
      | that the compression coils themselves must shut off
      | during half of the revolution.

      (snip)

      | What more can one say? HDN

      Quite possibly a whole lot! Do you have a picture of this setup posted somewhere?

      Best always,

      Dave N.
    • harvey norris
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2002
        --- "Dave N." <dnarby@...> wrote:
        > Harvey,
        >
        > | There are some very strange things that can be
        > done
        > | with large magnetic air core fields to exhibit
        > | magnetic compression. The pricinple alone shows
        > that a
        > | magnet can be driven continuallly around its axis
        > by
        > | coils that never change polarity, but it is
        > required
        > | that the compression coils themselves must shut
        > off
        > | during half of the revolution.
        >
        > (snip)
        >

        > | What more can one say? HDN
        > |

        > Quite possibly a whole lot! Do you have a picture
        > of this setup posted somewhere?
        >
        > Best always,
        >
        > Dave N.
        Sorry do not have one, only a taping made in 94. This
        was loaded to files as mpeg at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/ as the
        10th one down. However only 8 of the 21 seconds loaded
        appears to have got there, so it is rather useless.
        Everytime I have tried loading this, only a third of
        what was sent gets there, so that was my last try at
        wasting time in that category. Basically there are 4
        field coils, but the strongest torque happens when the
        magnet sweeps the side coils, not the polar coils as
        would be expected. The 4 field coils are the same 80
        lb 23 gauge coils I have used for other explorations,
        so that assembly has been dismantled long ago. I might
        be able to send the file over the internet itself, but
        it wont go to this Yahoo site without most of it
        becoming deleted. HDN

        http://health.yahoo.com