HDN Back after Computer failure.

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
      Perhaps Doc can make some comments here, as I am unfamiliar with the so called Linex system. The power supply on my E machines computer quit working about a week ago. It uses Vista, where many people say that the windows system before that so called improved version came into being, is actually better.(I think they called that windows 7 or something) I called up Karl Bender, the paranoid computer geek that constantly harasses me, so he could diagnose my computer problem. I hate to call him for anything because the stinge pot charges for everything, even a ride to the store, ect... If people see his truck in my driveway, they usually wont stop to visit because the motormouth has a habit of never shutting up, and being a know it all. And if he does come over, which is always too often, he brings a 6 pack of beer,(he is also an alcoholic motormouth)and stays for hours and hours, overstaying his so called welcome. But alas, I need him for computer problems... Uh oh, he just pulled in, will reply later
    • Doc green
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
        hey Harv, I have a power supply for ya and a Emachine XP disk. I don't have a way to get it to you. but if you can get your machine to Kent I will fix it for you.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2012
          --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, Doc green <hidepainter1@...> wrote:

          > hey Harv, I have a power supply for ya and a Emachine XP disk. I don't have a way to get it to you. but if you can get your machine to Kent I will fix it for you.

          Karl says my power supply has sata,(pronounced certa) power connectors, two of them for DVD and hard -drive. That means your power supply should have the same thing. Need 250 watts minimum. I have removed the old power supply and will bring it and the computer by soon, I will notify you. I dont want to put XP on there because it would wipe out my existing files, so I will keep the Vista for now. As I also posted on facebook, the Gary Johnson thing is still happening tonight. HDN