180 BPS rates explored at 2ms/div

  • harvich
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2002
      As mentioned with a lower sweep rate, and by using the lowest voltage
      selection, the (semi )sinusoidal representation of the 60 hz
      frequency can be seen. Turning up the scope to 2 ms per division
      shows 20 ms of time per sweep, slightly beyond the 16.6 ms time for a
      60 hz cycle. However in the untriggered sweep mode the camera may
      record different actions while this drift takes place. What the eyes
      see is a continual sweep of 4 rf events, with drift to the left. The
      camera may capture this either as 3 or 4 rf bursts as across the
      screen, where both of these can be shown. However it is important to
      identify in the context of where the rf bursts occurs, with what is
      supposed to be the sinusoidal shape of the AC input. Here normally
      where the peaks of the cycle are supposed to be, there are flattened
      portions, causing the illusion of an extra cycle. So here are three
      sweeps that the camera has captured in untriggered sweep mode.

      3 rf bursts/20 ms sweep/untriggered
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/BRMA/DSC00146.JPG
      Using the total ac form as a reference, it appears that two of the rf
      bursts occur close to the zero polarity crossing point, but that a
      third rf burst appears more towards a peak in the flattened portion
      of that polarity.

      4 rf bursts/20 ms sweep/untriggered
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/BRMA/DSC00149.JPG
      This makes us wonder how one sweep shows one thing and the other
      something else, which is what led to the confusion of what actual BPS
      rate (bursts per second) is occurring? Additionally on some camera
      shots the reverse rf event can be seen in the place of the empty rf
      burst period. This is the reverse rf decay one with rapid drift to
      the right.

      Reverse rf decay takes out 4th rf burst
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/BRMA/DSC00148.JPG
      Note that if we view this as a reverse right to left signal ,it
      changes polarity after travelling through the ooposite rf decay.

      As another instance of scope fed delusions, today I noticed that if
      the additional channel is hooked to the spiral sensor also above the
      plate, this completely eliminates all of these drift effects, Thus
      we will then see the same signal as if the scope was put in the
      triggered mode. It is merely another instance of odd causuality loops
      involved with making the observation. However since reverse rf decays
      are very unusal, I thought it worthwhile to explore, but now not so
      important, which the knowledge that some delusion must be being made
      by the scopes interpretation of things.