Fw: Lecture - 32 Three Phase System

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2011
      I haven't yet seen this one, but due to its importance in my field of work I am immediately forwarding it to the group. Unfortunately as Doc will also verify, Karl Bender is a know it all ASSHOLE,and he also exhibits the classical syndromes of paranoia; but I put up with him for the simple reason that an asset is an asset. He recently traded me some equipment where I procurred the new regulated power supply for the field of my alternator. The last time he visited he argued for about an hour about the law of cosines being invalid for determining phase angles. I then showed him the reply from Yahoo Q and A where he finally shut up, saying well "I'll have to study this." When someone already knows it all, it becomes practically impossible to put a word in edgewise, or convince them otherwise. Sometimes however he is right, so I try to keep an open mind. He insisted that the reason I am seeing cyclic voltage on AC outputs was because my field DC input was not a pure DC voltage source, and upon scoping it out I see that he was correct, and now I am using the correct DC field supply for experimentation. However that IS NOT the reason that I am seeing a cyclic voltage on outputs, and in fact it still acts in a cyclic manner even with a pure DC field supply. Because this man already knows it all, he has no interest in the teslafy yahoo group, and even complained to me when I sent some you tube videos to him, saying "Don't send that stuff to me." One time I told him he was a paranoid for the simple fact that one of his passengers had a cell phone, and he thought the police were following him because of his passengers cell phone! He then insisted that his passenger remove the batteries from his cellphone!  Certain of my friends will not even visit if they see his truck in my driveway. Unfortunately the progression of mental illness appears to get worse with age! He was never like this in the distant past. In any case I don't look a gift horse in the mouth, or something like that. Many times he will visit with gifts, using that as an excuse for visiting, and then you can't get rid of him... In any case I will digest this item he has just sent me. He also believes we never went to the moon, that Einsteins relativity is all wrong, ect , ect, all down the line. I will next forward some stuff he sent me about relativity, which I recently posted to usa-tesla list...