PMA Arrives

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2009
      I ordered the QC -12, their highest amperage model.
      http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/powerpmas.html

      # 2.33 phase magnetic field spread for maximum efficiency +low cogging!
      # Heavy Duty coils and diodes.
      # Bearings rated for 115,000 hours +
      # 14 powerful #42H Neodymium magnets.
      # Warranty - 90 days parts and labor FOB Lancaster, CA

      THREE PHASE WIRED PMA's are NOT GOOD-

      It is VERY hard to run 3 wires down the pole and keep them from twisting.
      We put the rectified inside our PMA's so you only one need ONE wire (welding cable) in the pole.
      This works very well while having three wire is just to many and tends to be very problematic. Electrical short on three wire / three phase PMA's will occur sooner or later so our testing has found. Three phase or three wires in the pole is NOT RECOMMENDED!

      READ our installation guide and about ONLY using ONE big welding wire!!!!!!
      Three wires will never work for more than a year before failing.

      LINK http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/Hornetassembr.html

      BUT IF YOU STILL WANT THREE PHASE THEN
      LINK HERE TO SEE VIDEO CONVERSION LESSON
      - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbC09nVs5o

      This from their web site,havent seen the video yet. I will need a 3 phase AC version of this machine, and I dont understand what they mean by 2.33 phase angle...
      Will investigate
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2009
        --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@...> wrote:

        > I ordered the QC -12, their highest amperage model.
        > http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/powerpmas.html
        >
        > # 2.33 phase magnetic field spread for maximum efficiency +low cogging!
        > # Heavy Duty coils and diodes.
        > # Bearings rated for 115,000 hours +
        > # 14 powerful #42H Neodymium magnets.
        > # Warranty - 90 days parts and labor FOB Lancaster, CA
        >
        > THREE PHASE WIRED PMA's are NOT GOOD-
        >
        > It is VERY hard to run 3 wires down the pole and keep them from twisting.
        I now see what these people are speaking of; it is a simple matter of windmill installation, and has nothing to do with my concerns. When they are talking about running three wires down the pole; this has nothing to do with internal alternator machinations at all. They are only talking about the line losses that occur in the transition from AC to DC, and how to avoid those line losses by only converting to DC near the point where the DC is to be used. Essentially it is Teslas argument all over again applied to windmills, Use the AC transmission lines to minimize wattage losses between where the power is created and where it is applied.
        > We put the rectified inside our PMA's so you only one need ONE wire (welding cable) in the pole.
        The described welding cable here is to minimize the DC losses between the PMA at the top of the tower and the bottom battery bank.
        > This works very well while having three wire is just to many and tends to be very problematic. Electrical short on three wire / three phase PMA's will occur sooner or later so our testing has found. Three phase or three wires in the pole is NOT RECOMMENDED!
        >
        > READ our installation guide and about ONLY using ONE big welding wire!!!!!!
        > Three wires will never work for more than a year before failing.
        >
        > LINK http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/Hornetassembr.html
        >
        > BUT IF YOU STILL WANT THREE PHASE THEN
        > LINK HERE TO SEE VIDEO CONVERSION LESSON
        > - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbC09nVs5o
        Again I see the video has nothing to do with removing the magnetic rotor, just reciting the three wire AC Tesla controversy all over again.