Ferrite Toroids Show Low Resonant Frequency

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2009
      Some time ago I ordered Amidons largest highest permeability diameter toroid, 1.5 in OD and had Doc wind these, which are somewhat difficult to do. The one wound with 35 turns of 14 gauge registers 7.9 mh, the other has smaller gauge and more turns showing 45 mh. My interest in these items was to see the perfomance of their Q factors at alternator frequency of 465 hz. Essentially these inductors being iron cored will hardly resonate at all, where the book value predicted Q factor by X(L)/R is quite large, but I doubt whether they even have a q factor of 2, or a doubling of input voltage internally.

      The 7.9 mh ferrite toroid was tried as a inductor receptor in the MWO tests, where it was found that its reception was excellent, and shows a natural resonant frequency of ~166,000 hz. This will be shown in the upcoming video, where the distance of the emmittor and the receptors are about 10 ft.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
        --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@...> wrote:

        > Some time ago I ordered Amidons largest highest permeability diameter toroid, 1.5 in OD and had Doc wind these, which are somewhat difficult to do. The one wound with 35 turns of 14 gauge registers 7.9 mh, the other has smaller gauge and more turns showing 45 mh.
        During the moving of items in the making of my computer desk, the 7.9 mh toroid made wound with ~35 turns of 14 gauge blue wire has come up missing. That is no wonder with some of the mess around here. This of course pissed me off a bit, but no matter the core material is only 15 dollars. To continue here then I have made experiments with the remaining 45 mh toroid, and have found that as usual, the scope is the devils instrument. Once the so called amazing output of the toroid as shown by scope observations is given an actual rectified water cell load, the voltage emmited by the toroid vanishes considerably.

        Although then the idea of a "plasma arc transformer" initially seemed hopeful by scope observations, it appears that this is another dead end alley. But more interesting things can be shown.

        I have now made a somewhat permanent "dual plate air capacity of 4 ft vetical distance/dual neon bulb rf emmittor assembly" at the other end of the house for testing, where the toroid can measure the rf from a distance of at least 30 ft. It registers 40 mv @ 7 cycles for a 10us/div sweep rate or 70,000 hz

        When the outside ground post 12 inch neon discharge as shown in halloween demo is added to the circuit, this does not disable the shorter 4 inch neon connected capacitively close to ground at the location 40 ft away. Instead it causes both of those bulbs in parallel to blink. And then the toroid recieves a stronger rf source from the outside closer bulb as shown before in halloween demo, where the scope voltage selection is increased three fold.

        Today another short bulb was added in series with the stronger bulb discharge set for the bottom plate close the concrete ground of the house, but insulated by carpet. This second series-ed bulb was sent through the toroid for testing. As suspected again this again produced a full scale 5 volt/div. The unusual thing here however is that this added second bulb discharge can itself be shorted by an alligator clip, but this does not make the bulb go completely out. Instead a very weak discharge is still present, and the scoped signal is reduced by half. The shorted alligator clip across the bulb can be very easily felt by hand to be vibrating mechanically. I will put this on the schedule of you tube videos to be shown, since this is a very "tesla" like phenomenon, not very easily explainable how a dead short across a neon discharge does not completely disable that discharge. Again the non-linearity of plasma discharge level vs emmited rf becomes apparent. The discharge has been considerably weakened by applying the short, but the rf emmision was only cut in half.

        In light of the fact that I am missing a toroid, five more were ordered from Amidon, and arrived today. The spec.s on this material are 2.4 in. OD, 1.4 in. ID, .5 in ht. Anyone should be able to order one and wind their own toroid, hook it up to a scope and obtain a signal merely by placing them next to a flourescent tube discharge as I have shown in lap top rf video. They were the largest, highest magnetic permeability material I could find at their site and has a P/N: FT-240-J and ~ 15 dollars. It would seem the people at Amidon in Costa Mesa CA all all Indian, just like the Hewlat Packard computer folks. Both of my orders were made on the phone, where I had to ask them to repeat themselves several times. On this order they called back on phone to verify the order. "Mr Norris , we wish to verify that you have ordered 50 of this item correct? By gotty, Scotty I'm glad you folks called, I ordered five of them , not 50!" That would definitely have bounced my bank account! Good thing they called for verification!

        In the meantime everyone have a Merry Christsmas, if I dont get by then...
        Sincerely HDN

        My interest in these items was to see the perfomance of their Q factors at alternator frequency of 465 hz. Essentially these inductors being iron cored will hardly resonate at all, where the book value predicted Q factor by X(L)/R is quite large, but I doubt whether they even have a q factor of 2, or a doubling of input voltage internally.

        > The 7.9 mh ferrite toroid was tried as a inductor receptor in the MWO tests, where it was found that its reception was excellent, and shows a natural resonant frequency of ~166,000 hz. This will be shown in the upcoming video, where the distance of the emmittor and the receptors are about 10 ft.
        >
        > Sincerely HDN

      • Jones Beene
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009

          Harvey,

          I know that you have shown an interest in both ferrites, 3-phase, and water-splitting.

          Younger kids today use the term “mash-up”. I don’t really know if the following suggestion is a mash-up or not… Anyway, here is a video that I would like you to take a look at.

          http://www.youtube.com/user/ozicell#p/u/5/3hCft3RsOmI

          It seems to show pure water being split by a DC solenoid alone, no polarity or frequency or resonance effects. Never mind that there is not much gas. There shouldn’t be any.

          I am wondering if there is greater effect when water, with or without  (but preferably with) an electrolyte, is exposed to a three phase coil at resonance. There is no good reason why H2O should be split, but in the video above there is no good reason for that either.

          Jones

          __

        • Jones Beene
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009

            Harvey,

            I may have sent the wrong video in previous post

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hCft3RsOmI

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
              --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Jones Beene" <jonesb9@...> wrote:

              > Harvey,
              >

              > I may have sent the wrong video in previous post
              >

              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hCft3RsOmI

              He says one amp issues through the coil, which I assume is insulated wire? Dont know what his claims are. Explosive bubbles I have seen for myself in the several electrolysisor designs this summer. An interesting future issue to show is a video taping of steel ruler electrolysis using ferrite 3/8 block spacers as the insulators.
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
                --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Jones Beene" <jonesb9@...> wrote:

                > Harvey,
                >

                > I know that you have shown an interest in both ferrites, 3-phase, and
                > water-splitting.
                >

                > Younger kids today use the term "mash-up". I don't really know if the
                > following suggestion is a mash-up or not. Anyway, here is a video that I
                > would like you to take a look at.
                >

                > http://www.youtube.com/user/ozicell#p/u/5/3hCft3RsOmI

                Yes this is the same one.
                > It seems to show pure water being split by a DC solenoid alone, no polarity
                > or frequency or resonance effects. Never mind that there is not much gas.
                > There shouldn't be any.
                If the wire were uninsulated, a voltage difference would exist between the top terminals. He does not specify that he is using distilled water, only purified. It seems there are many bozos out there in the you tube field. I would rather take the time to be concise than make a video full of mistakes, which I have already done. I have quoted microseconds as milliseconds ect... I will be taking my time on the next video, showing unity of opposite reactive pathways as a doubling of reactive current. But thanks for bringing this to my attention.
                HDN