Re: Tripod Tower Project.

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2009
      --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@...> wrote:

      > --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is stage one of the outside TC design magnifier project for 2009. First a central domed tower of 20 ft is considered. A call to Portage Electronics cited an ordering cost of $159.00/10 ft section, and $70.00 for base cemented structure. Our dome will be a simple brass bowl picked up at flea market. My friend Karl Ulricht today noted that small domes are always on flagpoles, and perhaps a high pointy electrode with an antennae might excite the danger of lightning strikes. An elevated polar capacity sounds worthwhile.

      Cost overides abound. Arriving for check to purchase this I found they are 200 dollar per sections/ total 660 or so with extra shippings costs for said tower. I now find this as sort of ALBATROSS. But it is ordered so I must make the best of this and continue the plans.

      The tower itself is no more then an elevated ground. The cement structure base is hinged for convenient erection. A house rooftop or conveinient higher structure can be roped by pulley for erection.