Who was Gustavus Frankenstein?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2009
      I went to solve the same puzzle as he when the realization of magic
      cubes occurred. I was drawing it out at Waylon's Tavern spare time as
      a bartender; but a 4 cube was impossible as I also found. I wondered
      why another Harvey D Heinz was in the cube business?
      http://cboyer.club.fr/multimagie/English/Perfectcubes.htm
      First perfect cube of order 8

      The first published perfect cube of order 8 was constructed by
      Gustavus Frankenstein. It was published in an old American local
      newspaper, The Cincinnati Commercial, March 11th, 1875. So this old
      newspaper is very difficult to find and locate. And, as far as we
      know, the associated text has never been republished in any other book
      or article. Good news, we have found the original newspaper,

      Give credit where credit is due.
      Dont have the Harvey D Heinz reference handy.
      It is in past records.
      The moon coils are ready for testings.

      On the top octahedron four triangularly wound spiralled flattened
      windings in four layers of 33 winds are combined at 110 degrees for
      tests of mutual inductance. Supposedly four magnetic fields, and not
      the customary thinking of three can exist in the same space volume
      without interference. So this is test using four angles instead of
      three. A convenient way to test is to simply put the four spiral sets
      in series at this 110 degree angle. And then to reverse the polarity
      input of series AC currents on individual spiralled coils to see if
      the overall current is altered reactively as that inductive reactive
      seriesed current to determine if any mutual induction between any of
      the four coils exists, whereby the sides of each outer windings as
      triangles are 110 degrees, the supposed non-interference angle of
      neutrality. Here then the proposition for interferences of magnetic
      fields towards the center becomes similar to flipping a coil four
      times; thus this should involve 16 possibilities, but how many of
      those are unique magnetically if each dual possibility were north and
      south magnetic poles?
      Respectfully HDN