Re: VTA Post

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@...> wrote:

      > Mike Furness is a good skeptic and answers posts on VTA list, but I
      > guess he aint got time for this one; guess he did not fall into the
      > trap set for him....
      > Power Factor Question for Mike; Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:43 pm
      No I guess he took my question as an insult to intelligence?
      Here is his reply and mine as recorded on VTA list.
      Harvey,

      You are intoxicated with the exuberance of your own verbosity!

      I¢m not sure if your total idiocity is just for me or a permanent
      factor of you life; in either event you are to be pitied!

      You are insulting the credibility of any group, and the people therein.

      Huh? I simply wondered if a power factor angle could be determined by
      noting the input voltage times amperage and then noting the joules of
      energy transferred on the output reactance in comparison. Perhaps I
      did add some unnecessary verbiage concerning my understanding of the
      issue, this was so that if my understanding was in error,it could be
      pointed out in that description. The only thing that might be
      considered idiotic in my book is the question of whether the output
      joules of energy being transferred over time on the secondary end can
      be greater then the apparent power input on the primary side.. I DID
      make a power factor correction on the secondary end and found this
      fiigure to be some 600% greater then the apparent power input, so I
      wondered if this goes against theory.
      I did observe that with this special value of capacity the
      possibility exists that the capacitive reactance load is resonating
      with the inherent inductance of the alternator stator windings when
      driven through the intermediary of the 64/1 voltage rise of the pole
      pig tranformer. It is relatively easy to see this effect without the
      use of a transformer by simply placing much larger values values of
      capacity directly on the stator outputs, in which case the stator
      voltage rises above its open circuit value once the capacitive load is
      attached. Without knowing this the fact that 50 nf driven at 456 hz
      through a 64/1 pole pig transformer then shows a 100/1 voltage rise
      ratio may seem amazing, whereas the other tested capacities did not do
      this. The primary in this case pulls 80% more amperage then what is
      shown if the stator output was simply shorted. It also operates at a
      60% higher output voltage when delivering this superlative amperage
      delivery. It is because of this that when the short is applied across
      the pole pigs secondary end with the 50 nf load still attached less
      current issues across that short then what the capacitive load itself
      consumes. More amazing then this is the fact that the short DOES NOT
      prevent amperage from reaching the load, rather it is about 1/3rd of
      what the short amperage shows. However even with all these subsidiary
      factors the calculations of joule energy transfer across the capacity
      is still only 45% of what it should be if the apparent power input
      equalled the secondary output. When the power factor correction is
      made by putting an equal reactance inductor in parallel with the
      capacity, THEN this ratio rises to over 600%. Perhaps this is all
      unbelievable which is why I intend to make a you tube video showing a
      tesla coil in operation using these parameters. Heres a poor picture
      of the coil in operation, as others may realize taking digital camera
      pictures of a TC is problematic so it is not a good photo.

      I am wondering how many others have been insulted by my previous post,
      if so now is the time to say so! Perhaps only you were insulted Mikey.

      Sincerely HDN
    • Pickur
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008

        cheers harvey most can't comprehend what others do..especially tesla!
        ok maybe this might be the simple fact/
        assume (ass/u/me) i post a paper that obiviously derived from my classmate's notes(shame on me) i copied her/his answers.
        i make a good assumption on what they wrote about (but honestly i have not a clue) what actually anything really means in the answers of the paper...
        then i am asked questions( like harvich did)...and to make sure i am not asked again
        i will call u insult upon accident,,,even tho i find that you was a signifigant true inspirer..

        then i am pivit...ed   <G>

        i remeber quite clear Tesla's controversity....no wonder he never had a wife or significant other than a bird.....
        what a shame...remember that time is near harvey...persons of control do not want free energy or any likes there of
        pay for me to service lines/transformers and my guy's payroll to eat dough balls and drink coffee and then wait till a call comes in i will get there between 9 and 5 pm sometime today i promise...
        so i wait and no one shows up...
        corporate greed..

        tim

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Sweet- VTA/files/ ALTMAG/DSCN3889. JPG